Thursday, February 21, 2013

dining out: dc-3

When my parents came to visit earlier this month, they got in around dinnertime Friday. They'd been in the car for six hours, so we decided to get dinner somewhere quick and casual. I suggested DC-3, the hot dog place on Barracks Row, and they loved it.

The restaurant's name and decor are based on 1940s commercial air travel. Airplanes made traveling across the country easier, and the restaurant links all of those cities via their hot dogs. Like a New York coney dog or a Cincinnati chili dog.


Tony, always the adventurous eater, ordered the bulgogi and kimchi dog. Couldn't stop raving about it, particularly the buttered roll.


And the man ordered fried pickles. He and my dad devoured them.


This place is vegetarian-friendly. I ordered a veggie dog with veggie chili. (And a random pickle just because.) Really happy with it. I've had the falafel dog on a previous trip - also tasty.


We were there right before Lent started, so my dad ordered a Mardi Gras-themed dog.


And my mom went with the Cincinnati coney dog, easy on the onions.


DC-3 is a crowd pleaser, and a good dining option if you're looking for food quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment