Friday, March 8, 2013

recipe: camille's mango lassi

Tony and I spent last Saturday evening at Camille and Matt's house, chowing down on some amazing homemade Indian food and playing Cards Against Humanity.

Let me first talk about Cards Against Humanity. Then I'll get to the Indian food.

Camille and Matt ordered the game for Tony and me for Christmas, but it's been on backorder, so we've been anxiously awaiting the day it would arrive. That day came. The box says it's "a party game for horrible people." Couldn't have said it better myself. The premise is simple. Every round, a black card is turned over. The black card has a phrase on it with one word blank. Then everyone has to fill in the blank with one of the white cards from their hand. Funniest card wins. It's inappropriate and dirty and simply awesome. I hate to say it, but I think I like it even more than I like Clue. And I love love love Clue. Check it out if you want to treat yourself or if you're in the market for a gift for a friend who happens to be a horrible person.

Anyway, back to Indian food. This was quite a feast we had. Matt made a spicy tomato-garbonzo bean dish and a tofu-spinach dish. There was basmati rice, naan and samosas. AND mango lassis. As you can see, I did not go home hungry:


Camille was the brains behind these lassis. They're simple and healthy, and I highly recommend them, either for an Indian food dinner party or even for an evening snack.

Camille's Mango Lassi

  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup ice

Combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.

And because Camille is awesome, she made a dairy-free version for me, substituting soy yogurt and almond milk. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment