Monday, December 31, 2012

decor: santa brought me a typewriter

Tony and I are back in D.C. after spending Christmas in Ohio, which involved so. many. cookies. And loads of good family time. The highlight of the weekend was playing with the Lionel train set my dad has had since he was a kid. When Stephanie and I were growing up, he'd get it out, but it'd been a long time since he'd it set up. This year, my dad and brother-in-law dug it out and set it up in the basement, making a whole town, which they're calling Trainville. Here's Tony enjoying the fruit of their labors.


Cute conductor hat FTW.

Fun also was had shooting off model rockets. Last year, Tony and I got my dad a model rocket launch kit for Christmas. The two of them put it all together, and we went out to a field to shoot it off, but it disappeared into the heavens on its inaugural launch.

We tried again this year. We went back to the hobby store, and Tony, Ian and Dad each got their own rocket.


We shot them off in the middle of nowhere this year, and I'm happy to report there was only one casualty. One failed parachute put an end to my dad's rocket.


<3

As you may have been able to tell from this blog, I was very good this year. Santa clearly realized this because he left all kinds of goodies under the tree. Including this beautiful old typewriter. Santa must be a rowhouse home reader, haha.


I have the old girl parked in my dining room, on top of the white dresser.


And it works! Tony and I are using it to leave messages to each other. (Awwww.)


That deep dish reference, by the way, is a reference to our pizza dinner last night. So good. Recipe coming soon!

Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment