Thursday, December 6, 2012

dining out: busboys and poets

Tony and I had a super festive Saturday evening. We started out in Old Town at the holiday boat parade, and we ended up at Avery's Christmas party in Shirlington. And in between all that Northern Virginianess, we stopped for dinner at the Busboys and Poets in Shirlington.

I'm a big Busboys and Poets fan. I love the food, and I appreciate how many vegetarian dishes are on the menu. Before last weekend, I'd only ever been to the U Street restaurant, which is great, but there always seems to be a wait. In Shirlington ... no wait! Same good food, same cool vibe, no wait. You just have to go to the burbs.

I ordered the tempeh sandwich, which I very highly recommend if you're into that kind of thing. It's my favorite thing on the BBP menu.


(It also made me think that I should make more tempeh at home. Note to self.)

Tony ordered an appetizer for his dinner -- vegan nachos. He's not vegan (not even vegetarian), but I always give him credit for being an open-minded eater.


<3

The boat parade, by the way, was a nice wholesome holiday event. Tony, Valerie and I parked ourselves at the end of a dock behind the Torpedo Factory and watched the decorated boats drive down the Potomac. My favorite boat was dressed up like Rudolph, haha:


These sailboats were fun, too. The boat on the left was pulling a dinghy with a snowman in it, and I thought that was funny. And the green one that's lit up like a tree was purty.


Also, how quaint and festive is Old Town:



Holiday boat parade -- a good holiday outing. It's something to keep in mind for next year at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment