Friday, September 14, 2012

shopping: t.j.maxx love affair

I woke up yesterday morning, got dressed for work, looked at myself in the mirror, and realized that 95 percent of what I was wearing came from T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. I mean, I've hinted before that I'm slightly obsessed with the discount retailers, but even I have to admit that this outfit was kind of extreme. But it's also kind of amusing, so I thought I'd use this opportunity to expound on my love affair with T.J.Maxx.  

Outfit shots! Top, pencil skirt, belt, bag: 


Heels:


Sunglasses:


(By the way, can you tell I was in a very pink mood yesterday?) 

USA Today published an interview with the TJX CEO last fall, and it said the company buys 85 percent of its merchandise directly from manufacturers from the current season. There's a "wink, wink" aspect of shopping at T.J. Maxx that fascinates me. The company won't say which designers it buys from, and the brands won't admit they sell to T.J. Maxx. But all you have to do is dig through the racks to find the same brands you find at Macys. For example, brands on me: Tahari top, Limited skirt, Betsey Johnson belt, Steve Madden bag, Chinese Laundry heels, and no-name sunglasses. All purchased, I may add, for a bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment