Wednesday, August 15, 2012

life: keeping godot

I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning the past couple of weeks. (I'm several months late, I know this.) And it culminated Saturday morning with Tony taking an entire carload of household goods, clothes, and books to the Goodwill in Northeast. 

Tony and I have been together for almost 10 years (!) but we've never gone through our books to get rid of our duplicates. Here he is, hard at work:  


(He's standing on a chair, by the way. We built bookshelves over the closets in the bedroom. Great space saver.)

It pains me to get rid of books, but lately I've been watching Hoarders on Netflix Instant and taking mental notes. One lady had 100 cans of Electrasol. Meanwhile, I had two sets of Harry Potter books. No one needs 100 cans of Electrasol, just like no one needs two sets of Harry Potter books, I realized. Goodbye, Harry.  

Except. We have two copies of Waiting for Godot. And Tony refused to part with one of them. "It's a ridiculous play. It's ridiculous that we would have two copies of the book. They both stay." How do you argue with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment