Tuesday, August 14, 2012

dining out: bacio pizzeria

Tony and I picked up some calzones from Bacio Pizzeria in Bloomingdale on Friday after work, then headed home for a night in, just the two of us. Good food. A couple episodes of Treme on DVD. Jamming to the iPod. Catching up on some reading. A nice night.  


Bacio is a cute, carry out pizza joint, and it remains one of my favorite pizza places in D.C. Mostly because of the cornmeal crust. I was in an adventurous mood Friday, so we ordered calzones instead of pizzas. 

It wasn't a perfect restaurant experience. Bacio messed up the order a bit, including putting olives in my calzone. I hate olives. Luckily, they were whole olives, not chopped up, so they were easy to pluck out. 

But it's hard to stay mad at Bacio for long. The good food makes up it. 


Bacio is a nice addition to the neighborhood for folks who live in Bloomingdale, Eckington or Shaw. It's out of the way for the rest of us, but I say it's worth the trek if you're in the mood for new, good D.C. pizza. 

<3

From the archives: 


No comments:

Post a Comment