Friday, October 19, 2012

dining out: spring mill bread co.

I have a new favorite neighborhood coffee shop! Spring Mill Bread Co. on Barracks Row.

It's been open for about a year, but it wasn't until earlier this month that Tony and I tried it. We woke up a couple of Sundays ago and decided we wanted to go out for an easy breakfast. And it ended up being a nice, laid back spot to grab breakfast, chat with my husband and do some people watching on 8th Street.

As the name indicates, this place is all about the bread, so we ordered breakfast sandwiches on homemade bread. There are few things better than homemade bread.


Also delicious: the rocky road brownie that we shared for dessert. (Is dessert for breakfast a thing?) Anyway, it also was tasty.


It's a small restaurant inside, but there's also patio seating when the weather's nice. Next time, I think we'll go back for lunch because the menu had several veggie sandwiches that I'd like to try.

Spring Mill, I'll be back. It's at Eight Street and G Street Southeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment