Tuesday, June 5, 2012

decor: vintage postcards

Tony doesn't usually take the lead on home decor projects, but he got the ball rolling on this one. We framed vintage postcards from the cities we've lived in and hung them at the entry to our house: 


Tony picked up the first three postcards at an antique store in Ohio: his hometown, my hometown, and where we went to college. I liked the postcards, but we didn't have a plan for them at the time. We kept our eyes open and eventually found postcards at antique stores for the other three cities we've lived in: Augusta, Ga., Phoenix, and Washington.


It's a good reminder of where we're from. Plus, they're pretty darn cool. The Washington postcard may be my favorite:


I picked up the frame a couple of years ago on clearance at Michael's, and I bought the glass this weekend at the Lowe's in New Carrollton for about $6. As a side note, I found out the Home Depot in Northeast that I usually go to doesn't cut glass for you, but the Lowe's will do it.

1 comment:

  1. We framed vintage postcards from the cities we've lived in and hung them at the entry to our house: Awesome backyards

    ReplyDelete