Thursday, June 28, 2012

life: postcard in the mail

I got a postcard in the mail yesterday from Lily. And it made my day. Postcards are the best, man. 


Getting a postcard is such a huge compliment. If you think about it, your friend's on vacation, somewhere new and fun and exciting, and they find a postcard rack, and they think of you. And they take the time to let you know they're thinking of you, even when they're in the midst of this new and fun and exciting adventure. 

Lily and I met when we both lived in Arizona. And now we live on the exact opposite sides of the country: D.C. and San Diego. But we have one of those friendships where you know you're going to be friends until you're old ladies, even if you only see each other once a year. 

Now let's talk about how awesome this postcard is. Lily picked it up in Denver. This is Yves Saint Laurent's dog.  


She says she thinks the pup would get along with Victor, our cat. And I agree, mostly because Victor also is white with black spots, and I am a fan of when your dog and cat match. When Tony and I were in discussions about possibly maybe getting a dog, I asked him how important it was to him, on a scale of 1 to 10, that the dog and cat match. He said zero. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment