Friday, June 22, 2012

the garden: the calm before the storm

Radishes. Lettuce. Herbs. Strawberries. Yeah, yeah, that's all been nice. But I'm ready for some substantial VEGETABLES from my garden. I was scoping things out last night, and I think this 100-degree weather has been good to my plants. It looks like it's only a matter of days now before we really start getting the summer harvest. 

My backyard is tiny. We'll call it "cozy." Which means I have to be creative about growing big vegetables that tend to spread, like cucumbers. I planted the cukes in pots, and they're growing up trellises. And it's working wonderfully. I'm about to pick the first one. 



And I have one cherry tomato that's about to turn. 


Oh, and I'm so close to picking these hot banana peppers.


Stay tuned in the next few days because it looks like I'll have some harvesting updates on my adventures in urban gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment