Sunday, June 3, 2012

shopping: sapore

Olive oils from Sapore may be my go-to gift from now on. Tony and I stopped in this store for the first time Saturday to pick up a bottle to take to Camille and Matt's house. It opened this spring near Eastern Market and sells only olive oil, vinegar, and sea salt. It shouldn't have taken me this long to check it out.


The store (660 Pennsylvania Ave. S.E.) gives you chunks of bread and lets you taste all the different flavors of olive oils. We settled on the basil olive oil, which is perfect to dunk bread in. I could see myself going back for the rosemary, garlic, and lime varieties.


It's on the pricey side for olive oil -- $15.95 for 375 milliliters, but it makes for a perfect hostess gift, and it's supporting a local store.

No comments:

Post a Comment