Tuesday, June 19, 2012

recipe: roasted asparagus

I love seeing my parents any time of year, but I particularly love seeing them in late spring because they always share their homegrown asparagus. Luckily for me, Tony and I were in Ohio last weekend for a wedding that just happened to fall during the asparagus harvest, and my dad sent me home with enough spears to keep us fed for a week. My friend Jamie once described my dad's asparagus as the best he's ever eaten, so now my dad, who apparently responds well to flattery, makes sure to pack a separate bag of asparagus for Jamie.

The weather was pretty cool Monday evening, so I decided to turn on the oven and roast the asparagus. Here's Monday's dinner of roasted asparagus with pierogies and black-eyed peas: 


Roasted Asparagus
  • Asparagus
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
Lay asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet or baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. 

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until the spears are crisp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment