Tuesday, June 26, 2012

dining out: el centro

I loved the cool vibe in El Centro, where Tony and I met up Saturday evening with Mike, Jen, Jamie and Jamie's lady friend, Kristen. And I liked that the waiters mash the guacamole right at the table.


The guacamole itself was probably the best part of the meal.


I ordered the veggie tacos, which were made with cactus, and the food was fine, but I think I'm a wee bit snobby about Mexican food, having lived in Arizona for three years and eaten Mexican food as God intended. For the rest of my life, I think I'll always be a little disappointed whenever I eat Mexican food on the East Coast. Tony agreed, so maybe he's become a Mexican food snob, too.


The weather was beautiful again Saturday evening, so we all made our way back to Jamie's apartment and had some cocktails on the roof. About two hours into the evening, Mike and Jen let it drop into the conversation that they GOT ENGAGED last week when they were on vacation. Hugs and toasts all around!



<3

From the archives: 

No comments:

Post a Comment